I've lived in Calgary for 1 month, but I feel I still a stranger. Everything is careful for me. Sometimes, I worry that my bags may be lost in the apartment because of the thief, and my pocket money is stolen on the downtown's street; however, these aren't happen at present.
One morning, I came across a deception on the 4th station. A middle-age man asked me give him some money for C-train when I stand on the platform. He had a red T-shirt, and is very gentle. I'm very surprised that he looked unlike no money person. So I told him that I'm only a student and no money. He went straight next station. When I took C-train, I saw occasionally the man was charging form another student. As he had the money, he didn't take the train , but he went away quickly. Then I made sure that he was a con man.
However, I believe that the man doesn't represent all the people in Calgary. I meet most people are warm and friendly. When I ask the way and shop, they explain patiently. That's very moved for me. I will release my the greatest passion in here every day.
I agree, I think that most people here are friendly and won't try to take advantage of others. It's ok to say 'no' when someone asks you for money.
ReplyDeleteCorrections:
A middle-aged man asked me to give him some money for the C-train while I stood on the platform.
Most people I meet are warm and friendly.
Hello Yue! I think in everywhere you'll find con man, even in the safest places around the world. Furthermore, I recommend you do not give money them because you don't know what they do with that money. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. haha
DeleteSometimes, I hear a story like this. Of course, I don't think everyone is con man and woman, but we have to be careful when I work outside, especially in down town.
ReplyDeleteYou are right. You'd better walk outside with your friends. We have to be careful because we are in abroad.
Delete